As an active member of Owls for Israel, the Emet for Israel group at Florida Atlantic University, I am devoted as a student in spreading Pro Israel awareness on campus. At FAU my group and I table every Monday from ten in the morning to two o’clock in the afternoon. Here are some of the things that OFI does in order to have a successful tabling day on campus.
1) We make sure our table is in a central place on the breezeway (place where people walk to class and hang around on campus).
2) We never have anyone sitting down at our table. If you are tabling you are always standing and interacting with the people passing by and trying to attract new people to the table.
3) Every time we table we try and have really cool things to give away.
4) People look at how your table looks to see if it is in their benefit to stop by it. Therefore, you should have little knick-knacks to hand out to get them to remember your table and to come back.
5) Every week we have a theme already picked out and ready to go for our table. This helps with organization and that way you have something to talk about with people and not just discuss random things. It helps you sty on point and have an end goal.
6) We try and get every person who we talk to and who comes to our table, their information so we can reach out and have them come to our future events.
Always have a positive attitude while tabling and try and wear something that relates to your theme or Israel in order to keep the same idea.
Our most successful tabling event was when we had flash tattoos and henna tattoos that were connected with Israeli culture. We got the contact information from every person who took one, and we invited them to our upcoming event the week later.
This was contributed by Florida Atlantic University CAMERA Intern, Michelle Herman.