The CAMERA Fellowship is a sought-after one-year Fellowship that is offered on a highly selective basis. Participants in our Fellows program are leaders on campus, proactively spreading the truth about Israel to fellow students, professors and the media. Upon completion, Fellows earn $1000/£750.
Fellows attend our all expenses paid Student Leadership Conference in Boston and receive two days of additional customized programming.
35 CAMERA Fellows from across North America, Europe and Israel are selected based on their in-depth knowledge of the Arab-Israeli conflict, history of Israel and current events, experience in advocating for Israel on campus and portfolio of their published work.Apply Now
We give students access to CAMERA’s expertise on Middle East Issues, high-level instruction from leading Middle East specialists, global networking with published writers and activists, live seminars and workshops, and event planning and materials assistance.Watch Video
The 35 selected CAMERA Fellows will receive up to a $1,000/£750 stipend upon completion of the following program responsibilities:
- Attend our all expenses paid annual Student Leadership Conference in Boston.
- Pen and publish at least three educational and informational Op-Eds or letters-to-the-editor: working with CAMERA to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Organize at least one educational event on your campus about Israel covered by you or your campus paper.
- Monitor your campus environment in relation to Israel by keeping informed about all relevant published pieces in the campus paper, attending pro, anti, and/or neutral related events on Israel, and tracking all relevant class curriculum offered at your university.
- Help organize and plan educational programs during the school year when necessary and form a CAMERA-supported group if no group similar exists.
- Participate in regular calls with CAMERA staff and CAMERA Fellows.
- Distribute CAMERA materials on campus and through social media. Stay up to date with CAMERA’s work through following CAMERA’s websites, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Support other Israel student activists by staying connected and sharing the work and program invites of CAMERA Fellows and CAMERA-supported groups.
“Working with CAMERA has been an incredible experience. CAMERA has allowed me to meet speakers who shared with my campus and community the importance of supporting Israel. Choosing to be a Fellow for CAMERA was a great decision that has positively impacted my pro-Israel work.”
“CAMERA empowered me to use my voice on my campus in a way I never imagined I could. I never thought one voice on a huge campus could make a valuable impact – but I was wrong. The CAMERA Fellowship enabled me to be independent and determined . . .”
“CAMERA provides valuable insight about the reality of media sources, and contributing as a CAMERA Fellow was the best way to present the truth about Israel on my campus.”
“Being a CAMERA Fellow was one of the most challenging, yet rewarding, experiences while in college. I worked hard and saw that it takes a community of people for success. I look forward to using this lesson … as I venture outside of academics and into the work force.”
“Becoming a CAMERA Fellow introduced me to an entire network of passionate, like-minded students, all motivated to put forth truth wherever falsity is found. Through the ever-blossoming friendships between peers and the support from campus coordinators, my intellectual curiosity has widened –– my affection for Israel, revitalized.”