How do you know if you are dealing with a true Pro-Palestinian activist on your campus?
- Have they spoken up loudly against the dictatorship in the Gaza Strip under Hamas or in the West Bank under Fatah? Abu Mazen canceled elections four years ago and has since served as an un-elected leader. Journalists are routinely arrested in the West Bank.
- Do they want a Palestinian state? If so, have they done anything in protest of the current Palestinian dictators who have rejected offers for statehood on multiple occasions?
- Are they against the Palestinian indoctrination of children on television?
- Have they protested the government laws that discriminate against Palestinians in Lebanon, Jordan, and much of the Arab world?
- What have they said about Christian discrimination in Palestinian areas?
Chances are, they are just anti-Israel activists, and you just might be more of a pro-Palestinian activist than they are.
Bring Less Hamas More Hummus to your campus to teach about television in the Arab world.
By Gilad Skolnick